So my kiddos definitely have their favorite things...
For Drew it is hands down baseball... Play catch with him, pitch to him, just give him a glove, ball and bat and he is a happy boy. Good thing it is crazy spring baseball season and he has plenty of practice at home and usually one or more games a week to him busy.
As for watching baseball - well... he takes after his daddy which means he is usually yelling in frustration at the TV telling the Brew Crew that he can't watch anymore and then proceeds to ask to play Wii instead. Which our game of the week is Super Mario Sluggers -- Imagine that... more baseball! Love the passion!
And my sweet Madi... what can I say... She LOVES to play school ALL... THE... TIME and the apple does not fall far from the tree. I spent countless hours playing school when I was her age and all through my elementary school years. I had textbooks and teacher guides from teachers that I would help at school... So when we checked Madi's teacher's auctions at the carnival and saw that she had offered up student teacher for the day one little girl's dream day at school was not far off as her daddy was about to pay whatever he needed to and would have done just about anything to give her that opportunity. What an awesome daddy?!?! So Thursday April 28th has been on Madi's radar since the minute she found out she would be student teaching that day! She was so excited she woke up an hour early and couldn't sleep. She cheerily got in the car and couldn't wait to get to school. Her teacher is SO amazing and set out this incredibly special day with presents at the end to boot. My sweet Madi walked out of that school with the biggest smile I have seen in a long time and declared that was the best day ever -- even ranking it above spending her 6th birthday at DisneyWorld being spoiled endlessly! That's pretty big stuff!!!
Reading a chapter of their book to the class at the end of the day.
Top that off with getting to bring two friends to the classroom for lunch and the bag full of goodies from Mrs. Maggart... she had one incredible day!
No comments:
Post a Comment