Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Happy Birthday Madi!

In the true tradition of birthdays around here! The birthday person gets to pick t he fun for the day! Madi picked Schlitterbahn this year. It is great to do all sorts of fun things with the kiddos. I have to say the tradition also helps me remember those precious days as each year passes by. So in the true spirit of birthday season ans before I forget some of these moments... I am going to reminisce a bit because even 7 years is somewhat of a stretch at this point.

Year 1... the year of the 3 birthday parties. Madi celebrated her first birthday with her cousin Hannah in Wisconsin about a month before her birthday -- Auntie Khris was kind enough to share Hannahs party and even let Madi smash around in chocolate cake on her carpeting!!! She had a party planned for her actual birthday but we ended with a trip to the Dr. -- she had a virus and we had to cancel the party for all the kids invited -- the adults were still okay so we had a family party instead and redid the other group a week later! So the spoiling began early.

Year 2... Drew was born shortly before so Grandma & Grandpa were here for Madi's birthday celebration. For her actual birthday, we spent the day at the Pflugerville water park. She loved that place!

Year 3... I'm a blank -- see that's why I am reminiscing -- SO SAD! :)

Year 4... Sea World

Year 5... Sea World with the Ms. Katie & the boys in Texas but it was a pretend birthday day as we were in Wisconsin on her birthday and she went to Rainforest Cafe, took pictures with the giant tortoise and snake, Went to Fired Up! in Racine for a pottery party with all the cousins and then back to Grandma's for a Royal Ball! Whew... that was a lot!

Year 6... Spoiled Rotten Disney Princess for a day -- need I say more! She had a blast!

And Year 7... Schlitterbahn -- It actually wasn't terribly too hot and she was more excited about Rainbow Ice Dippin Dots than anything else!






So sad that the Dippin Dots are gone!

Happy Birthday Madi!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment