Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year 2012

So we had another fantastic new years at my brothers house. My brother organizes a couples olympics each year. Each year entertainment is provided by something new it seems... This year it was spinning and spinning... oh and yes more spinning. Seriously -- spin with head on a bat and then throw darts at a dart board and repeat and repeat until you make it to 501 points. Um... I can barely hit the board when I am not dizzy beyond belief and almost falling over. I managed to stick one in the ceiling and nearly nail Ryan with a dart and no he wasn't standing that close to the board oh that's on top of the countless times I hit the wall. The next few games eliminated spinning - phew! Well the last game (and let me add in that I also am not so stellar at shooting pool) my brother-in-law suggested adding in a spinning component instead of being shoot, kiss next. The directions became fondly known as spin, shoot, smooch... repeat til table has been cleared. Needless to say despite my crazy dizziness we made better time this year than we did non-spinning last year. We are already looking forward to next year... girls don't forget the recommended dress code -- No low cut shirts, no low rise jeans and wear a belt! Thanks to Chuck for our family photo -- don't we all look bright eyed at 12:02... Madi lasted a little over an hour after this despite the fact that she nearly fell asleep 10 minutes before the new year and Drew stayed strong until after 2 in the morning. Yep - he hung in there through the car ride home and decided to continue to have a chat fest in bed after that! Crazy Kid!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment