To say heading to ice skate this year was an adventure may be an understatement. We left and decided to stop and pick up our cupcakes for the next evening on the way. Yum for the cupcakes... we figured since we were there we would get a couple extra to taste... make sure they were edible! Well, Drew didn't want one - yes, I said Drew. Concern arose that he was sick. Drew does not often turn down sweets especially if they involve chocolate. He settled on chocolate milk but was a little pouty. We figured we were in for it. We called the resort where the ice skating rink is held to ask them the times of each session. She told me they were 12-3 3:30-6:30 and 7-10. We were stuck in so much traffic we knew we wouldn't make it there by even 5:30 so we opted to catch dinner first.
We ate dinner and headed off. When we arrived we remembered parking in the wrong area last year. We tried a different parking lot and started walking and walking and walking and ended... back at the car. Jeez... We continued to try and recall from last year where we went -- it didn't seem that hard last year. We ended up inside the spa and finally asked where to go. The girl asked if I knew where the main lobby was and I responded yes. Well I guess I thought I knew where it was but clearly I didn't. We were in the completely wrong place AGAIN. We tried one more time retracing our steps and we made it! We excitedly walked past an empty ice rink thinking this was going to be awesome as it was 7:10 and hardly anyone had come. We went in and paid for the ice skating session, looked around the gift shop a bit and went to get our skates. As we are walking to the skate area, Marty notices a sign saying next session 8-11. What??? She said 7... I swear! So now we had almost an hour to kill and we were already worried about Drew lasting when we thought it started at 7. As the time trickled by so did our hopes of an empty rink... We had some hot chocolate and patiently awaited the opening. We had so much fun skating though and it didn't get too terribly crowded! Madi really got the hang of it this year and Drew was a little more hesitant than last. On one of his early ventures a little ways ahead of us, he fell. I didn't want him to worry that I wasn't there so I quickly scooted up to lean over him to assure him I was there to help him. Well... out went my skate from underneath me. As my knee hit the ground my leg went out to the side and as you can imagine at that exact moment Madi was speeding up to us and a flying she went over my leg. Our little pile up provided us with plenty of laughs for the evening!
This has become one of my FAVORITE days of our Christmas time. Cannot wait for next year!!!
Oh and just to top it off... my honey got me a snowman nightlight that I absolutely adore!
No comments:
Post a Comment