Saturday, March 31, 2012

Grand Canyon - Hello coldness

It is the annoyances of our adventures that always turn them into a story afterwards and make them memorable... So we are in the hot tub the night before heading to the Grand Canyon and two of the people we were chatting with said that if we were going to go to the Grand Canyon to catch it at sunrise or sunset. It is not to be missed. Well, sunset was not an option as we planned to spend half a day and get on with our journey so sunrise it is. If you are reading this and you actually know my family I don't need to say this but I will anyhow. We Are Not Morning People! But we decide, heck we are here we might as well. Well - we head out and are all bundled up but not enough for the bitter coldness of the Grand Canyon at 6:00a.m. (this was supposed to be vacation, right?) Well Marty decides the kids could use their winter coats from the car, even though they were already triple layered and I was nominated to go back and get them. So when Katie asked me if it was worth it to go that early... my response was ask someone else in my family because I was getting coats from the car only to get halfway back and they were on their way back and decided it was too cold anyhow. Agh -- I got up at 5:30 in the morning to sit in my van and drink hot chocolate. From what the other said the sunrise over the canyon was quite pretty... I just wouldn't know!  
 Still a little chilly... but we were starting to warm up! We even coaxed Grandma back out of the car.

 Madi and Drew even complete the Junior Ranger program and we are glad they did as they needed to attend a Ranger Program to complete the program and the Ranger program we went on led us to this point that was absolutely gorgeous! It made it so worth it. Plus they ended up with a badge which is ever so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment